Want a chance to win $1,000 in cash? Keep reading and check out the free contest at the bottom of the post.
So if you’re a bank, how do you reward someone who has had a bank account with you for the past 30 years or so? How about by sticking them with $11 per month account fees! Sounds like a solid business plan, right? Well, that’s exactly what my bank did!
How to Lose a Life Long Customer:
You read it right. The bank that I’ve used since I was a little boy called me up this week to tell me that they were involuntary switching over all their accounts in the new year, and that my new checking account would have a $11 a month fee unless I met certain minimums. Forget that!
I flat out told them that this was disappointing and that I’d definitely be switching checking accounts (giving them the opportunity to concede on the whole fee thing). Unfortunately, the person on the phone was powerless to make a difference. Being shown no love, I knew it was time to find a new banking suitor.
I’ve Got a Chase Bonus Coupon … Or So I Think?
As I’ve done 100 times before, I knew the first place to look! I typed the words chase checking bonus into Google hoping to make another quick $100 or $150 off my upcoming money relocation. From there, I got the following results:
Score! Looks like at least two semi-legitimate looking sites with free coupon codes. I clicked on both of them and then quickly received two separate coupon codes.
The last time I did the old Chase bonus coupon account sign-up, it gave me the option to sign-up online – which I did with no problem (rather than actually go in a physical branch). So again, I went to Chase’s website and started to fill out the application. But this time … I was denied! What gives?
Customer Service Knows All:
Much to my surprise they told me that nether of my coupon codes were valid!! When I told the agent where I had got them from, she told me that you can’t find an authentic Chase bonus coupon online because they only mail out physical ones. She concluded that I must have been the victim of some kind of scrupulous website scam! Oh, no!
The Real Deal:
The it comes to a free $150, I am a blood-hound! And I was not about to give up.
I decided to go to the local branch and see if I’d get a different story. Turns out it was a smart move. I got one.
The friendly agent typed my first bonus coupon code into the system and found that it was perfectly fine. She also diagnosed the real issue.
Because I had recently closed a prior account with Chase, their system was not allowing me to move ahead with the coupon. BUT if my wife were to sign-up as the primary instead of me, then there would be no issue.
Success!! Now that I know I have the green light, I will be trying this out today, saying goodbye to fees, and awaiting a sweet $150!
Bloggers Who Also Love Free Money!
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Frugal Rules – 4 Helpful Free Investment Tools
- Club Thrifty – Credit Card Churning: A Year in Review
- Eyes on the Dollar – Options for Diversifying Your Investments
- Femme Frugality – 6 Things That Will Be Cheaper in 2013
- Budget Blonde –
- Monster Piggy Bank – Sell Structured Settlement Payments – Lump Sum vs Annuity
- Debt Roundup – No Matter What, We Are Still Responsible For Our Financial Future
- The Outlier Model – Financial Goals 2013
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Canadian Budget Binder – The Saturday Weekend Review #1 January 2013
- Eyes on the Dollar – Can’t Take My Eyes Off These Blogs # 20-I’d Rather Drive Edition
- Freedom Thirty Five Blog – Weekend Business and Blog Roundup – Jan 5th
- Money Wise Pastor – Best Personal Finance Blog Posts: Yakezie Carnival for January 6
- 20’s Finances – Financial Carnival for Young Adults – New Years Edition
- The Family Finances –
- Money Soldiers – Saving Money and Sanity through Budget and Stock – Editor’s Pick!
- Fugal Habits –
- Family Money Values – Carnival of Financial Planning
- Debt Round Up – Weekly Personal Finance Blog RoundUp – No Sleep Edition
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Now It’s Your Turn – Win Some Free Money!
Maybe you’re not in the market for a Chase bonus coupon? No problem! Together with StructuredSettlement-Quotes.com and a ton of other personal finance bloggers, I’m co-hosting entries for a contest where the prize is $1000 cash! It’s extremely easy to enter. Just click on a few of the links, share some social media, enter your email, etc. Best of luck!