I hope everyone had a fun Valentine ’s Day. Anytime a holiday happens during the week (like Halloween), I feel it really takes something out of it when you have to go work / school. Regardless, we still had our annual “Love Day” dinner (as the kids call it) of spaghetti, meat sauce, and bread. Mrs MMD did outstanding as always and it was all very delicious. Now that it has came and went we can look forward to March coming around the corner and with it the first signs of somewhat warmer weather.
Blog News – Fixing My SEO and Guest Blogging:
Operation de-over-optimize (does that make sense to everyone?) officially begins this weekend. If you remember, a few weeks ago I wrote about how I may have sabotaged my own blog by over-doing it when it came to the ideal keyword density.
I’ve already seen proof of the damage done. On a few of my better posts (if I do say so myself) where I may have gotten a little too creative with the keyword placement, I’ve noticed how I have an “N/A” or “0” for the Pagerank in my SEO Quake toolbar. These are posts where I know there are backlinks pointing at them, so they are more than likely getting penalized somehow by Google.
I consider fixing my older content to be important because it is how organic traffic will find me. As I look at my Google analytics, I see that I actually have a fairly low amount of click-throughs relative to the amount of content and topics I have posted. No click-throughs means no traffic which means no possibility of affiliate sales or Adsense revenue. Therefore, I think it would be worth the effort to see if I can improve my visibility and not hold these posts back due to poor SEO.
This week I also had a guest post entitled How I Plan To Generate Passive Income This Year featured on BryanMaltier.com. Thanks again Bryan for reaching out to me and letting me post.
I’ve been really happy to see more and more legitimate fellow bloggers reaching out to me to see if they can guest post for me, or me for them, or vice versa. Not only is there some backlink currency at play there, but it also opens up opportunities for a new audience that you may not have anticipated. If anyone is interested in guest posting, please feel free to let me know.
Other Blogs You Should Guest Post On:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Money Life and More – We’re Engaged!
- Frugal Rules – Reader Question: How Do I Prepare My Son Financially For Law School?
- Club Thrifty – Financial Independence: How to Retire in 10 Years
- Budget and the Beach – When Spending Thousands is a Drop in the Bucket
- My Own Advisor – January 2013 Dividend Income Update
- Average Joe – The Power of Big Fat Audacious Goals
- Canadian Budget Binder – Dumpster Diving~The Top 5 Rules For Finding The Good Free Stuff!
- Master the Art of Saving – Double Awesome Way To Save On Your Taxes
- Debt Roundup – Adding Gold and Silver to My Portfolio
- Work Save Live – 5 Majors With The Highest ROI
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Savvy Scott – Lifestyle Carnival
- Making Sense of Cents – Carnival of Retirement
- Drop That Debt – Carnival of Money Pros – February 10, 2013
- The Family Finance – Friends of the Family: Headache Edition
- The Money Mail – The Money Mail Carnival – 13th Edition
- Frugal Habits – Great Reads of the Month – 4th Edition + a Video to make you Smile
- Get Financially Integrated – Mid week Money : PF Blog round up
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
- How to Invest a Million Dollars and Why You’ll Need to Know How Someday
- My Best Online Discount Experience and a $500 Giveaway!
- The Advantages of Video Conferencing Over Business Travel
Image courtesy of MMD