So if you’re wondering why my regular Weekend post is going up so late, it’s because I was at … the “stealer”-ship yet again for MORE stupid car repairs!
Yes … again!
Even after draining our emergency fund for sudden car repairs, here we are again! You’re not going to believe this. Here’s what happened:
What Else Could Have Possibly Gone Wrong?
So not five days after my wife got her car back did we have our next costly run-in. For some time now, we’ve known that we were going to need new tires. However, her car is an SUV and 19 inch tires are very expensive. So we’ve been putting it off and were waiting to buy some new ones closer to Fall / Winter.
Life has a funny way to making your decisions for you. This week while driving our daughter to practice, she went over some train tracks and “SWOOSSHHH!” – Out went the back tire!!
Knowing that we were in need of all 4 tires, it didn’t make sense to buy just two and wait on the others. So we bought a set of four new tires at $1,050. Yes, I know that’s a lot. But I like to buy really highly rated tires for the vehicle that takes my wife and kids everywhere – it’s a Dad thing …
As If That Wasn’t Enough:
Going back to my post last week about my Stupid Car repairs, you know that they ended up having to take out the whole dashboard to fix our problem.
While ever since then, my wife’s windshield washer fluid spray hasn’t worked. Coincidence?
Not according to the stealer-ship. When I took it in to have it looked at, they said that the repairs from last week were in no way related to this, and that the spray pump had just gone bad on its own. Grrrrrr!!!! Another $200 to repair!
I’d love to tell you that that concludes the Stupid Car repairs that we have been dealing with recently. But at this rate it might be better for me to tell you that we’ll just wait and see ….
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Frugal Rules – Finding the Inspiration for Becoming Rich Through Financial Curiosity – This was my Guest Post for the week!
- The Frugal Path –
- Get Financially Integrated – Secrets of the rich
- Eyes on the Dollar – I Hired a Maid!
- Money Life and More – How to Write a Check
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Carnival of Financial Independence, eight edition
- Yakezie Carnival – What to do with a tax refund issue
- Carnival of Financial Planning May 3rd Edition
- Preparing to Retire – Wealth Management Carnival #12
- Carnival of MoneyPros – (Step Away from your computer and go outside- Edition)
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
- The Pension vs 401k – The 401k Did Not Kill Retirement
- A Ponzi Scheme Example – An Illustrated Demonstration of How One Works
Image courtesy of Connexions