While shopping for Christmas presents last weekend, I was reminded by just how much of an influence Star Wars still is on children. So the news that broke last week with Lucasfilm selling to Disney for $4.05 billion dollars and the immediate plans to proceed with a new Star Wars 7 movie comes as no surprise to me. I have said since the Episode 1-3 trilogy that NOT making Episodes 7-9 would be far too good to pass up. And apparently Disney thought so too!
So now the big question: Do you think Star Wars 7 suck? Do you think they’ll stick to the versions that are already written, or go in a completely new direction? Many fans feel as though since Disney will keep George Lucas around as a creative consultant that the movies have a chance of staying true to form. Unfortunately, let’s not forget that Lucas directly directed Episodes 1-3 which had some very obvious flaws (Jar Jar Binks?). So are we really safe? Only the Force will know for sure …
Speaking of movies, I have another great scary movie recommendation: Insidious. It’s a movie about a family that moves into an old house and not long after their son goes into a coma (only it’s not a coma). Soon after that, they start getting visited by some pretty creepy spirits looking to take control of the boy’s body. I thought it was pretty well done!
I really apologize for being absent from the blogging world this week. Work was CRAZY busy! On top of a normal busy schedule, I had a big speech to give at an event at my work. So my normal evening schedule was interpreted with practicing and rehearsing as much as possible. Fortunately all has passed and we’re done for now, but next week starts with a plane trip across the country. Hopefully I can find some more time to reach out next week. Luckily for me I have my main posts mostly already drafted and scheduled in the queue.
At the end of a busy week, we could all use a good laugh. For anyone who has had ever had to sit through an agonizing episode of Dora the Explorer, you’re going to love this hilarious video clip:
Alright! My Money Design was unaffected yet again by another Google PageRank update. We stand at a solid PR2. While I worked really hard to try to improve my position to at least a 3, I’m beginning to accept that this whole PageRank thing is a lot like playing a game with a 4-year-old where the rules change and get made up to the benefit of the 4-year-old as you go along. So as long as we don’t go DOWN in PageRank, I’m content.
Next week we’ll start the posts off with some more sarcastic humor – a little on-again, off-again romance with a certain movie provider. I hope everyone gets a laugh. I’m also working on a post about Black Friday (can you believe we’re at that time of year already)?
Link Love – Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Michelle from Making Sense of Cents announces an impressive October income in $3,700 in Extra Income in October and My Goals
- Carrie from Careful Cents makes a great interview in How to Be a Freelance Blogger with Sophie Lizard
- CF from The Outlier Model lays out a great, aggressive plan to pay off student loans in PAYING OFF $27,000 IN STUDENT LOANS
- Glen from Monster Piggy Bank reveals his catchy SAVING acronym in 6 easy money SAVING tips
- Bridget from Money after Graduation tears Mitt Romney a new one (and has a great video clip) in The Problem With Mitt Romney’s Finances
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Friday’s Circle of Friends – October 19
- Freedom Thirty Five Blog: Weekend Business and Blog Roundup – Nov 4nd
- The Family Finances: Friends of the Family: Tired of Political Ads Edition
- Work Save Live: Carnivals, Mentions, & Weekend Reading #36
- Club Thrifty: The VIP Club Roundup – 9th Edition
- Broke-Ass Mommy: Another Monday Coming ‘Round
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
Image Credit: Unknown