As if going back to school wasn’t bad enough, why don’t we cram one more activity in this week – let’s also start up soccer practice! That’s right. Not only did the kids (and wife) head back to school on Tuesday, they also headed right back outside for the start of the Fall soccer season in our community. We’ve already had our first game yesterday and another one this morning. When it rains, it pours! (Please whether – don’t really rain!)
But it’s all good. The kids are getting so much better and having a lot of fun with it!
What can I offer to entertain and interest you next week?
On Monday, we’ll start off with a post about why I DON’T think I’m cut out for full-throttle entrepreneurship right now (at least not yet anyways, but someday maybe …). BUT that doesn’t mean I’m not getting prepared for it. And you can be getting ready too!
Later in the week, I’ll have a follow-up to my super awesome post about Social Security that will focus solely on a strategy I came across a few times regarding delaying your benefits by using your spousal ones instead. I did the math on it between my wife and I and the outcome was pretty incredible! I hope everyone learns something from it. And I also hope you don’t immediately delete my post from your RSS reader the second you see the words “Social Security”.
Link Love – Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Before you read anything else, please visit Work Save Live and read Tragedy Strikes Close to Home: Why You Need to Have Life Insurance. Jason writes about a very recent and terribly tragic incident that happened to someone he knows. It’s the kind of thing that will make you want to hug your family just a little bit tighter.
- As PF bloggers and amateur investors, we call walk around like we’re the shiz-it when it comes to money. But Average Joe has a little test for you to see if you really know what you’re doing with your money, and you should give it a try! Read So You Want to Manage Your Own Money?
- Are you upset about how everyone (except you!) seems to be getting a “get-out-of-jail-free-card” when it comes to forgiveness on their loans and debt. Greg over at Club Thrifty sure is! And he expresses his disgust for this irresponsibility in Student Loan Debt Forgiveness: A Rant. Preach on brother!
- Shilpan wants to know if you’re ready to “trade-up” in Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom. No, he’s not talking about becoming a high-pressure day trader of stocks. He’s talking about “trading” in your institutionalized way of thinking for a life-style free of debt and despair. Read on to learn more.
- Why do so many young people procrastinate over getting involved with investing? Corey over at 20’s Finance asks this question and seeks to give some possible advice in Why Young Adults Fear Active Trading: How to Overcome Investing Doubts.
• I was a loser this week and didn’t make time to submit to any carnivals Better luck next week!
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
Photo Credit: eCards