We’re going to make the dreams of our two kids come true this weekend by taking them to the promise-land: We’re going to the Lego Kids Fest! If you don’t know what that is, think of something like an “auto show” but everything is made out of Legos. There’s going to be classes from Master Lego builders, a museum, challenges, a huge brick pile, races, etc. My kids might explode when they get there. It’s going to be awesome.
I apologize for missing my Weekend Wind Down last week. Between being offsite for work and my SB1040 post series marathon, I was honestly a little (read: A LOT) burnt out and needed a break.
But now I’m back, and the show must go on! So on Monday, I’ll show you why this blog is called My Money Design by giving you an update of my “Money Design”. It’s a draft of my master plan for reaching financial freedom. It is an ever-evolving plan, so I’ll be interested to hear what people think of it.
Later in the week, I’m debating on which post to publish – so YOU tell me which one you’d rather read: Would you like some good scary movie recommendations for some cheap Halloween thrills? Or would you like to learn about saving some money on medical and daycare bills using a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
Link Love – Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Lauren from L Bee and the Money Tree really knew how to start off the week right. She posted a very interesting story called On Money and Sex, and it had some pretty insightful findings. Apparently being richer does make things better (or so the story goes) ….
- Veronica from Pelican on Money put together a well-crafted post of responses from dozens of PF bloggers (myself included) called 34 Money Tips from Top Personal Finance Bloggers.
- I also got an honorable mention from Kim at Eyes on the Dollar in her post A Valedictorian’s Advice On How to Raise a Scholarship Kid.
- Want to watch a pretty funny video? Check out Mo Money Mo Houses post Amazing Mind Reader Reveals His Gift and People Are Idiots with Their Personal Information.
- John from Married with Debt posted AT&T Upgrade Fee Is a Poke in the Eye. I’m with you buddy – I’ve had it up to hear with cell phone plans ….
- And last but not least, my new friend (and fellow Michigander) Rich from Money Wise Pastor posted a very inspirational piece entitled
MyMoneyDesign was featured in the following personal finance carnivals this week:
• NONE! I was a loser and didn’t make time to contribute this week. Queue the loser music (hit play) …
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
3) Warning – Fake Loan Offer Scam
Image Credit: Lego Kids Fest