This weekend we plan to take the kids to go see the new Oz movie. It looks pretty good; and kind of very similar to the recent Alice in Wonderland. The kids have been eating up all of the commercials and teasing to go see it since they first started advertising for it.
Funny story: A few months ago my son watched the original Wizard of Oz for the first time on TV. Somewhere during the middle, I asked him how he liked it. He said it was really good, but that you could tell it was REALLY old. I was a little puzzled and asked him how he knew that. He said “because they keep on singing everything”. 🙂
I’m very excited to announce that My Money Design made it past Round 1 of the Free Money Finance March Madness competition! My gargantuan article about our retirement plan will go on to battle against Financial Ramblings next. Thank you to everyone who voted for me! I really appreciate it!
Operation de-over-optimization continues to push forward. I’ve gone back and fixed about 3 months worth of old blog posts. There has been some benefit. I’m noticing that a lot of old posts that had a Pagerank of “N/A” are now a PR 0 after fixing them. The true test will come after the next big Google Pagerank update (probably in early May) when we’ll see if they truly move upward.
I haven’t really addressed this, but I hope everyone has been okay with my reduced posting frequency lately. Rather than posting a lot of little stuff, I’ve been purposely trying to shoot for writing longer and higher quality articles. Not that there’s anything wrong with short articles, but I want to really try to put more material out there that I feel my readers will get a lot of value out of.
On that note, if anyone has any specific topic that they want me to write about, please feel free to post a comment or shoot me an email.
Also I’ve been really enjoying the guest posts. We had a great one this week from Tony over at You Only Do This Once. Contact me if you’d like to do one as well.
Enter to Win!
This month I’m participating in another contest giveaway with a group of other personal finance bloggers. As you may already know, the prize is a sweet Canon Rebel T4i DSLR camera. Thank you to Structured Settlement Broker for putting this on.
If you’d like a chance to win, just enter below:
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Single Moms Income – Shielding Children from Financial Struggles as a Single Mom
- Snark Finance – WHY I DON’T DONATE TO CHARITY
- Femme Frugality – Increasing Your Income as a Woman
- Get Financially Integrated –
- 1500 Days to Freedom – Required Reading: Warren Buffett Wisdom in the Annual Letter
- The Great Jollyhoombah –
- The Heavy Purse – Meet Shannon Ryan: Financial Literacy Advocate
- Personal Finance Digest – People worth $5 million are happier! Also, how to make an easy $5 million
- A Young Pro –
- How to Avoid a Cashtastrophe – The Definition of a Recessionista
And of course …
- You Only Do This Once – How to Reverse Lifestyle Inflation
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Master the Art of Saving – Carnival of Retirement
- Debt Round Up – Carnival of Financial Camaraderie – Wild Weekend Edition
- The Heavy Purse – Blog Round-up: Week of March 4, 2013
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
Image courtesy of eCards