I’d like to be the first one to give you a gift this Christmas season: My free, downloadable Christmas Present Planner.
If you really want to save money this season, the first thing you need to do is get organized so you don’t over-spend. This handy Microsoft Excel file will allow you to keep track of both your initial budget and the amount you actually spent on each individual. Overall, it will help you keep your spending on track and make sure that everyone on your list is well taken care of.
The way my Christmas Present Planner works is simple:
1) Download the file and save it to your computer.
2) Open the file (assuming you have Microsoft Excel on your computer).
3) Begin filling in the names in the above columns.
4) Enter a budget for each individual. The total overall budget will automatically add up in the upper right-hand corner.
5) As you begin buying gifts, list them out in the lines provided and fill in the actual dollar amount spent. Again, the total overall amount spent will automatically add up in the upper right-hand corner.
The file is formatted to be only one page long. Have you ever tried to leaf through several pages at once when you’re in the middle of Target? It’s a pain! Of course, after you download the file, you are free to change the page settings or manipulate it in any way you want to suit your needs.
I have been using a list like this for years and find it is very helpful beyond just keeping track of the financial aspects. Prior to shopping, I like to use it to get prepared and brainstorm ideas for each of the people I’m going to buy for. When I make purchases over the Internet, I also use it to remind myself to track and follow-up on the shipment (usually by highlighting the gifts in yellow.
I hope you find my download helpful and enjoy. Happy shopping!
Related Posts on Christmas Shopping:
2) Get 10% Cash Back on Gift Cards
3) Easy Money – Cheap Gift Certificates on “Restaurant.com”