Did I happen to mention I’ve got the best wife ever? Monday was my birthday, and in celebration, Mrs MMD surprised me last weekend with a surprise trip to a bed and breakfast along the Michigan coast. What a great gift! It was a beautiful little place with a fireplace, hot-tub, champagne, and – of course – oven cooked French toast in the morning! Needless to say, I had a great birthday weekend and really enjoyed this getaway.
Here are a few pictures if anyone would like to check it out:
Blog News – FINALLY an Increase in My Google PageRank!!!
A got another big surprise for my birthday – After tons and tons and tons of effort, My Money Design finally got a fist-bump from Google and increased from a PR2 to a PR3! At last!!!
If you’ve been stuck at your current PR, then here’s a list of some of the things I tried to get that PR raised. Hopefully this helps you:
• Carefully crafted long, original posts around specific keywords (although I got a little carried away on the keyword density usage)
• Linked more often to my fellow bloggers
• Linked more often to authority sites
• Linked more often internally to my main domain and other pages
• Submitted more often to Carnivals. I also started dabbling in other back-linking strategies like submitting to press releases, etc.
• Made sure to guest post at least once a month
• Used a broken link checker to identify (and then fix) any broken links.
• Logged in more often to Google Webmaster Tools and fixed every Crawl Error. This involved using a 301 Redirect plugin.
• Submitted a sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. Not sure if this one actually helps, but for the two clicks it took I figured why not.
• Ran my site through the W3C Validator and fixed all the coding errors it reported. After I did this, I noticed the number of pages that Google indexed went WAY up. Thanks again to Jeremy from Modest Money for that tip!
• Followed good SEO practices for all my posts such as filling in the meta description, using alt tags for images, etc.
Vote for MMD on FMF!
Free Money Finance is holding his annual March Money Madness, and My Money Design has entered a post! My first competition will be in Round 12. Follow the link to check this out, and remember to vote for me! I’ll be sure to post to Twitter and Facebook when it’s my turn!
Other Bloggers Who’ve Figured Out the PR Game:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Modest Money – One Year Blogging Anniversary
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – Sites for Sale – Cleaning Up My Blogging Plate
- Money Life and More – Should I Buy a Beach Front Condo Follow Up
- Get Financially Integrated – Should you use debt to buy stocks?
- My Own Advisor – Goodbye Canadian penny, goodbye great penny idioms
- Brick by Brick Investing –
- Money Master Mom –
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Eyes on the Dollar – Eyes on the Dollar 20/20 Roundup #24-Oh No, You Didn’t
- Venessa’s Money – Carnival of Financial Planning
- Street Smart Finance – 10 Super Tips to Save Money Now
- Free at 33 –
- Freedom Thirty Five Blog – Weekend Business and Blog Roundup – Feb 8th
- Refinance America – Carnival of Financial Planning
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
Images courtesy of Mr and Mrs MMD