It’s finally really nice outside. And when it’s nice outside, that can mean only one thing: It’s time to BE outside and enjoy it! That’s where my head has been at lately. I’m very fond of the Spring and Summer time because it means not being cooped up inside the house all day. I’m looking forward to going to some outside events, making the yard look beautiful, and spending some much needed quality time with the family.
While those are all certainly great life aspects to celebrate, I’m afraid that limits the amount of time I have to be a productive blogger. But who wants to have their nose stuck to a computer screen anyways when there are things going on?
For the past few months I may have burned myself out trying to pump out decent material for not one, but two sites plus a few lengthy guest posts. I was on quite a roll, but I’m afraid the engine may have gone empty leaving me with blogger fatigue. During one of my writing sessions, I literally stared at the computer screen for about 30 minutes before I could think of anything decent to type. So needless to say, I’m suffering from serve writer’s block.
So in that case you may see my posting frequency lighten up a little bit for a few weeks. As a personal stance, I’d much, much rather put out one extremely enjoyable and valuable +1,000 word post as opposed to two or three 300 word fluff posts. There is no denying that when it comes to things that stand the test of time in blogging, quality will always prevail.
What I’d like to do is take a little time to do more research; specifically with finding good keywords to target. This is a task I consider to be an enormous benefit to my blogging. Since concentrating on keywords I’ve noticed significantly more organic traffic to my blog; more so than when I was actually activity trying to promote it. That’s EXACTLY the kind of passive infrastructure I’d like to have for operating my websites. I want my work to be easily found by others, but more importantly I want it to be valuable and high quality. And of course I want it to be found by many. This is why I consider this an important task. It may not be very much fun, but a little bit of planning will go a long ways in providing me with great topics to write about over the next few months.
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Street Smart Finance – Is Apple not Paying its Fair Share of Corporate Taxes?
- Monster Piggy Bank – Why I Buy Shares in Penny Stocks
- Money Smart Guides – 5 Free Excel Spreadsheet Templates
- Funancials.biz – There’s A Difference Between Investing and Speculating!
- Femme Frugality – I Refuse to Wear Mom Jeans
- Budget and the Beach – My Perspective on Freelancing
- Club Thrifty – Marriage and Money: How We Make it Work
- Money Life and More – Americans Think You Need How Much Money To Get By?!?
- The Happy Homeowner – To Marry for Money: Gold Digger or Financial Genius?
- Modest Money - Guide to Starting a Blog
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
- Exploring My 401k Alternatives – Maybe More Dividend Stocks?
- A Financial Plan Sample – How Should I Budget My Money?
Image courtesy of Norcalepiscopal.org