I hope everyone had an outstanding Christmas! We’re really digging having the week off.
I couldn’t believe how quickly the holiday flew by. Didn’t we just buy all those presents? This was the year of the Lego sets for my kids. They got just a ridiculous amount of them. Does anyone else’s kids have those Monster Fighter sets? They’re kind of cool …
My Blog Updates:
You would NEVER guess it, but I’ve been really busy behind the scenes working on My Money Design. Here’s a few of the things that have been going on:
• Cleaned up all my W3C coding errors.
• Cleaning up all the broken links I can find (scan, check, and repeat). Again, it’s somewhat sad to remove the links to blogs that are no more.
• The Passive Income Ideas section was re-written and revamped. This has been on my to-do list for a while since it is a section of my blog where I think readers could gain a lot of value. I intend to keep adding to it and updating it with more personal information as I get better at developing my own passive income streams.
• The “Easy Money” section was completely removed. This was a section of my blog that just went dead and really didn’t need any more. It was originally supposed to be a place where I could post awesome deals or quick cash ideas. But as time when on, my blog just really wasn’t going in that direction anymore and very few things ever got posted there.
• I’ve been spending a LOT of time going back and optimizing old posts that received little or no attention for new keywords. Doing this over the Christmas break is somewhat of a poor litmus test to see how effective the changes are since there seems to be a lot less blog traffic during this time. I’ll give it a month and see if some of these new keywords make a difference.
• While I’m doing my keyword research, I’m also making note of a few new keyword ideas that would make good topics.
• And finally, does anyone know how to put together an eBook? I’ve been drafting some material and I think I’m ready to take this to the next level …
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Outlier Model – DISCARDING TOXIC PEOPLE FROM YOUR LIFE
- Blonde on a Budget – Twenty Twelve: The Year I Changed My Life
- Savvy Scott – The Sky is the Limit in 2013
- Enemy of Debt – Pssssst, I’ve Got Something Really Cool To Show You……
- Money Master Mom – Should toddlers be using high tech gadgets?
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Making Sense of Sense – Yakezie Carnival
- Evolving Personal Finance – Weekly Update 44
- The Frugal Path –
- Money Soldiers – Money Soldiers Blog Carnival No. 4
- Frugal Rules – Frugal Friday: Posts That Ruled This Week, Christmas is Over Edition
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
Image Credit: Unknown