If you haven’t already, it’s back to work! It was such a great and enjoyable break. Sometimes I think having a week off is worse than having one day off because you get far too comfortable waking up at your leisure, reading a book, drinking coffee, etc.
If that wasn’t bad enough, it gets worse: Your paycheck is lower! That’s right – the take-home from your paycheck is going to be lower because as part of the Fiscal Cliff, the payroll-tax cut didn’t get extended. That means the Social Security deduction for your Federal taxes went back to 6.2% from 4.2%. It was a nice two years at the lower rate, but it was always just a temporary band-aid as part of the Stimulus. Now it’s back to reality!
Your Paycheck is Lower, but the Blog Has Been Busy:
If you’d like to learn a little bit more about me and my story, head on over to Budgeting in the Fun Stuff and read my post. I was featured yesterday as part of the Reader Profile series. A big thanks to Crystal for letting me participate!
Lately I’ve been seeing as many as 25 to 50 junk comments hit my spam folder each day, which is far more than I’m used to seeing. I was scratching my head wondering what in the world was going on.
This comes as a big surprise to me since the last time I checked Technorati a few months ago, my blog was buried somewhere in the 200’s and I figured it would be impossible to ever see the light of day again. Good for me I guess!
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Work Save Live – 2012 Finances in Review and Our Goals for 2013 (and a $100 Giveaway)
- Frugal Rules – Will You Be Saving Money in 2013?
- Modest Money – How Being Responsible and Managing Finances go Hand in Hand
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff – Budgeting in the Roommate Stuff
- Enemy of Debt – It’s Never Too Late to Take Control Of Your Life!
- Plunged in Debt – What Would You Do With $2013.00 (Giveaway)?
- Eyes on the Dollar – Hidden Benefits of Foreclosure Hunting
- Canadian Budget Binder – Finances In The New Year + New Budget = Success Formula
- Broke Ass Mommy – Resolutions for 2013.
- Snark Finance – SETTING UP A NEW LIFE AS A YOUNG MOTHER
- Master the Art of Saving – Potential Savings Goal: A Second Car
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Eyes on the Dollar – Can’t Take My Eyes Off These Blogs #19- I’m on Vacation
- The Family Finances –
- Club Thrifty – The Money Mail Carnival – Ninth Edition
- Money Master Mom –
- Your Personal Finance Pro – Personal Finance Blog Round-Up: Yakezie Carnival
- Young Cheap Living – Carnival of Retirement – New Years Eve 2013 Edition
- Savvy Scott – 2013 Carnival of Financial Planning
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
Image Credit: eCard