There is nothing like being back home after a long business trip. This week I was traveling the east side of the country through NY State and then back through Canada. Everything was going smoothly until I hit the 401 highway to come home and got stuck in a wallop of traffic. I could not believe how business the road was on a Friday. Even the service station I stopped at for a quick bite was busier than a mall on Christmas Eve. Who knew that’s where everyone hangs out?
Do I smell a Google PR update coming soon? Let’s all cross our fingers, pray we did everything right, and wake up with PR 10’s (yeah right!)
Next week we’ll be starting off week with a little bit of sarcasm. It’s a post about all the things that bore me to tears when I read resumes of new job applicants. This won’t be the resume advice you’re use to receiving …
Scary movie post won last week. So this week, I’ll be scheduling the other post I had ready about Flexible Spending Accounts. If you have kids in daycare or pay medical bills, you’ll want to take note of this one. You could pay for these expenses tax free if you know what to do.
Link Love – Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Curious about annuities for your retirement? Free Money Finance posted an interesting piece about them in Checking Out Annuities.
- GE Miller from 20 Something Finance announces the 2013 Maximum 401K Contribution Increased. We’re moving on up to $17,500! Time to take advantage people!
- Daisy from Add Vodka posted a controversial piece called Is Entrepreneurship Dying?
- Do you feel like you “have to” buy from everyone’s fundraisers? Kim from Eyes on the Dollar asks Can You Avoid Spending Money on School Fundraisers?
- Justin from The Family Finances writes Streamlining Our Monthly Bills
- Pauline from Reach Financial Independence writes a cute little message to Google in Dear Google, I love you! Please love me back!
- Nurse Frugal reaches a pivotal point in her finances with The equation to having a positive net worth.
MyMoneyDesign was featured in the following personal finance carnivals this week:
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
Image Credit: eCards