As some of you already know, this week was Mrs MMD’s birthday. And all Mrs MMD wanted was new flooring in our house. So we decided to make her birthday dream a reality!
I’ve wrote before about what a great feeling it was to do your own projects when I installed my own hardwood floors. But I’ve got to be honest – I really wasn’t feeling it this time. Instead, we decided to contract this job out. Even though it cost a little more money, the job got done fast and it looks great. Plus it’s pretty incredible to just come home from work and the entire project is all done for you! Here are a few pictures of the before and after:
Before with carpet and laminate flooring:
Backer board down:
New tile floor down and all complete:
Now that one year has officially passed, it’s time to stop celebrating and get to work! I’ve got a lot of projects I want to do with this blog over the next few months. But for now, this is where I’ll start:
• My goal to write a guest post (possibly one per month) is off to a good start. I’ve already been approached by another website and I just sent them my draft. I’ll mention it again once its live. By the way – this guest post thing works two ways, so if anyone is interested in hitting me up either way – I’m open!
• My Passive Income Ideas page is in need of some overhauling after having no changes for the past 9 months or so. I think I may spend some time rethinking how I want this page to flow and doing some fresh write-up for it.
In terms of upcoming posts, I’ve got my own Emergency Fund strategy to pitch after being inspired by Modest Money, Street Smart Finance, and The Free Financial Advisor’s articles. I’ve also got some good tips to share from the book I’m reading, The Smartest Retirement Book You’ll Ever Read, which will probably be broken up into multiples posts.
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Kathleen from Frugal Portland asks What’s the Point? Sometimes it really does help to take a step back and question WHY you want what you want…
- BB from Beating Broke wrote Are You Afraid of Failing? To his point, we’d probably all be a lot better off if we let ourselves fail a little more often because it would mean that we tried!
- Modest Money caps off the keyword lesson with Advanced Keyword Strategy For Your Blog. We’re entering uncharted territories…
- Why even bother with keywords? Matt from Dumb Passive Income shares one of his niche sites in Choosing a Niche and Keyword Research. That’s why! See how someone can take keywords and turn them into a unique niche website.
- Maybe you don’t want a niche site? I Want to Become an Authority from The Financial Blogger may inspire you to take more of an authority route! Becoming an authority has been a goal of mine for a long time. But I think to be more effective, I’ll have to narrow down my range of topics.
- And finally, new blog The Daily Wallet has the cutest one year old in the world on the post Caleb’s First Birthday Party! Everyone go give the new guy some love!
MyMoneyDesign was featured in the following personal finance carnivals this week:
- Yakezie Carnival – Olympics Closing Ceremony Edition
- Carnival of Retirement – 32nd Edition
- Masses vs Great Design and a Round Up
- CANADIAN PERSONAL FINANCE HAPPY HOUR – 9TH EDITION – DOG DAYS OF SUMMER!
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
Photo Credit: Mrs MMD