Did anyone else catch the Clint Eastwood Republican Convention speech? What was up with that? First of all, the poor guy looks to be +100 years old. Couldn’t someone have combed his hair before he got up there? And he seemed to lose track of his own jokes at times. I’m not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this.
August is now behind us and my stats were a smidge better than they were last month. I’ll take it – improvement is improvement.
This week on the posts, we’ll start off a little heavy and talk about what you want to do with your life. The inspiration for this comes after hearing about one of my wife’s colleagues retiring in her late 40’s, and then realizing that that’s not that far away!
On Wednesday we’ll tackle the super sexy subject of Social Security benefits. That may sound lame, but it’s worth knowing the basics and making this a part of your retirement design!
Link Love – Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Do you believe your attitude and thinking positive can change your work performance? Check out Untemplater’s post Are Happy People Better Workers?
- We all like to hang out with our friends, but how do you do this without wasting too much money? Holly on Club Thrifty writes Dealing with Friends: How Much is Too Much to Spend?
- Daisy cracks me up with her subtle sarcasm. For a funny (but true) perspective, read An Unsent Letter to People Who Are Selling Things
- And speaking of funny perspectives, this one is ultra creative! Read Jen’s Mom’s (yes her Mom) post on Living at Home—The Parent’s Perspective
MyMoneyDesign was featured in the following personal finance carnivals this week:
- Weekend Ramblings – Globe and Mail Criticism Edition
- Yakezie Carnival: The Best of Summer
- Lifestyle Carnival – “I Hosted the Carnival and All I Got Was This Tee-Shirt” edition
- Carnival of Retirement: Calculated Risk or Foolish Mistake Edition
- Lifestyle Carnival 17th Edition
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
Photo Credit: Unknown