It was only a month ago that Mrs MMD finally decided after all this time to get a smart phone with a data plan and the whole nine yards. So we signed up for a new plan from Sprint and things were going good. Then out of nowhere this week, she’s no longer able to make or receive calls anymore. So twice I had to call, do the whole pull the battery out and put it back in, and waste a few hours talking with tech support. The end result: The phone still doesn’t work!
As if one phone problem wasn’t enough, then our Vonage router started giving us problems. So I devoted yet another hour on the phone with the Vonage tech support going through their motions as well – pushing the reset button, unhooking cables, etc. Why does it always seem like everything breaks at the same time?
Well, I’m not sure how I’m doing it, but my Alexa ranking has just suddenly dropped about 10,000 points over the last two weeks. Am I finally receiving international recognition? Or could it be because I finally downloaded the Alexa toolbar for my Google Chrome browser? Must be the international fame thing …
In the queue this week, we’re going to start off with a fun post about my favorite two people in the world – my two kids. This is a cute story about how my son decided to snub his chores and start his own business – a garage sale. Stop back on Monday to read more!
Later in the week I’ll have my first income report from my dividend stocks. Ironically I was already set to publish this post even before I did the other post this week about dividends. I hope I don’t overload everyone with too much talk about stocks.
I’m also very excited to announce that I’ll be having a guest post over at Club Thrifty sometime soon! More details to follow.
Link Love – Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- We’ve got a double-feature from Shilpan this week! From Street Smart Finance, read about The Salary You Want for Your Happiness and ask yourself how much money you’d need to make to feel like you’ve made it! If that’s not enough, you can also check out the re-launch of his first blog Success Soul. Read the re-post of the famous article Warren Buffett’s 7 Secrets for Living A Happy and Simple Life.
- Do you think that being an introvert is keeping you from being successful? Sydney from Untemplater doesn’t think so, and I can fully attest to this! Read Can Introverts Succeed As Leaders And Entrepreneurs: YES!
- Sometimes I’m lucky enough to learn about other blogs from the comments I get, which is how I found out about S.B. at Save Invest Give. Even though he’s been blogging a lot longer than I have, it sounds like he’s had a few rough patches of writers block. I think we’ve all been there. Read How I Got My Blogging Groove Back.
- Are you cheap or frugal? Yes there is a difference, and Jeremy from Modest Money explains them in Guilt Induced Frugality.
- Why don’t we use our vacation time in America? CF from the Outlier Model writes I CAN HAZ VACATION?
MyMoneyDesign was featured in the following personal finance carnivals this week:
- Weekend Ramblings and PF Blog Love: Back in the Swing of Things Edition
- Yakezie Carnival -The Fincon12 Edition
- Mortgage Rates Are Low and a Personal Finance Carnival
- Lifestyle Carnival 19th Edition
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
4) Citibank Checking Account $100, $300 Gift Card Offer
Photo Credit: Unknown