Right now, the state of Michigan is messing with both! According to a new law that was passed in our state called Senate Bill 1040 or SB1040, all public school employees are going to have their pension plans altered (aka reduced). The best part is that they let you decide how – by choosing from one of four somewhat convoluted choices. Isn’t that nice – would you like to cut off your thumb, ear, or toe?
So being fresh on my mind, I’ve got a ton to say about the topic next week over a five-part post series.
Now even though you probably don’t live in Michigan, I want you to treat this situation as if it happened to you, your spouse, family member, friend, etc. Remember that change can happen to anyone of us. And as financial bloggers, we have an obligation to really challenge ourselves to make the best of the mess!
So please read along with me next week as I try to figure out which option will be the best for my family!
Link Love – Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- Do you run your family finances like a business? You may want to after reading Average Joe’s post How to Fix Your Rotten “Get Out of Debt” Plan.
- Jessica from Mo Money Mo Houses fires back at the naysayers in Haters Gonna Hate: Dealing with Cyberbullying and Other Negativity from the Interwebs. Not only are the post and comments good, the gif image is hilarious.
- Girls can be so catty! L Bee posts an unbelievable story about gift card snubbing at The Great Gift Cards Debate.
- And then there was this really great, well-written post over at Club Thrifty called Should We Try to Leave Something Behind? Ha! That was my guest post! I’ll have to check my official blogging guide, but I think this still counts as link love
MyMoneyDesign was featured in the following personal finance carnivals this week:
- Canadian Finance Carnival #75
- Weekend Ramblings – September 22
- Carnival of MoneyPros
- Carnival of Retirement – 38th Edition
- 120 Square Foot Home, 480 Square Foot Homes and a Carnival
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
5) Truly Leaving Something Behind By Preparing Your Safety Net
Image Credit: Unknown