Does your job have outstanding perks?
Fortune just released their 2012 list of the “Top 100 Best Companies to Work For”. These companies offer everything from big paychecks to free gourmet food to good-ole classic job security!
Here are the Top 10 of the list and their headlining benefits. You can also checkout the entire list here.
1. Google – Bocce courts, a bowling alley, 25 cafés serving food for free, and even eyebrow shaping (for a fee).
2. Boston Consulting Group – An average employee salary of $139,000 a year.
3. SAS Institute – Subsidized child care, unlimited sick time, intramural sports leagues, and a free health care center.
4. Wegmans Food Markets – A free quit-smoking program and a new 24/7 health hotline.
5. Edward Jones – Not a single layoff during the Recession.
6. NetApp – A pay-for-performance program that resulted in bonuses of up to 31% of the employees’ salaries.
7. Camden Property Trust – Surprise bonuses from $100 to $5,000.
8. Recreational Equipment (REI) – Sabbaticals, free equipment rentals, and hefty discounts on merchandise.
9. CHG Healthcare Services – A drug plan, a gym, and made Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday a paid holiday.
10. Quicken Loans – Employee pride to be working in downtown Detroit (?)
Your Job Perks
So maybe there isn’t a sushi bar or massage center at your work. But many of us still enjoy the benefits of our jobs.
My employer has a very generous 401(k) program that is tied to our profit sharing program. The better the company does the more money that goes into our retirement funds.
Does your job have any outrageous or generous benefits?
Photo credit: Microsoft Clip Art