Sometimes when you have a hard week at work, the only thing you look forward to is getting home to spend a quiet evening with your spouse. Not going out or painting the town. Just curling up together with some wine and watching “This is 40” together … which was incredibly hilarious by the way.
Car Repair Story Conclusion:
If anyone is interested, here is how my car repair situation turned out:
I was supposed to get my car on Friday, but when I called they said they needed extra time, and so it carried on to Monday. So when Monday came around, I received no call. Annoyed, I called the dealership. After another round of excuses, they again said they needed another day. They were also telling me about all the extra work and hours they had to put into it … translation = This is going to cost you more money!
Tuesday came and I heard nothing. Angry, I called the manager to complain. This is not my usual move and often reserved as my last resort, but I had had it. I wasn’t getting updates, they were adding on more man hours, the rental costs were getting out of hand, and we just wanted this whole thing to be done.
Unfortunately, it is often the case that the squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease. The next day bright and early, the car was done and they “forgave” any additional expenses beyond my initial estimate. This is yet another situation where sometimes it pays to complain about unsatisfactory service.
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- The Frugal Path –
- Frugal Rules – Things That Make me Pull My Hair Out
- Femme Frugality – Sometimes all you have to do is ask.
- Financially Integrated –
- Dividend Growth Stock Investing – Dividend Growth Investing is Not for Everyone
Carnivals & Mentions:
- My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Carnival of Financial Independence, seventh edition
- Yakezie Carnival (There’s a Blizzard in April Edition)
- Carnival of Financial Planning
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
- Another Reason Why You Need Emergency Money – For Stupid Car Repairs
- Is Financial Fear Paralyzing You From Being Financially Free?
Image courtesy of eCard