Talk about kicking a guy while he’s down … Not only was it another stressful week with work, but we also got hit in the wallet with one of the worst kind of expenses: Car repairs. I’m not talking like you took the car in and they want $500. Try 4 digits! I’ll have a post to follow telling the whole story. I hate you car …
We made it far, but our time in the Free Money Finance contest is over. I lost Round 4 to my buddy John over at Frugal Rules. He had an awesome post, so I’m glad to see him win and I hope he goes all the way to Round 6!
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
- iHeartBudgets – How To Use Christmas Lights Year-Round (Without Being A Redneck)
- The Frugal Path –
- Budget and the Beach – Healing, Perspective, and Hope
- Club Thrifty – Destroy Your Debt With the Mortgage Murder Spreadsheet
- The Happy Homeowner –
- The Canadian Budget Binder – How We Saved $146.90 By Reading The Paper
- Eyes on the Dollar – Changing Careers: Is it a Smart or Dumb Move?
- Money Life and More – 3 Steps to Simplify Your Banking and Other Accounts
- Evolving Personal Finance – Pledging to Financially Support an Individual
Carnivals & Mentions:
My Money Design was featured on the following sites this week:
- Carnival of Financial Independence, sixth edition
- Lifestyle Carnival – Happy Relaunch Edition
- Carnival of Retirement 66th Edition
Thanks to everyone for linking to my site and enjoying my posts. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit!
Posts This Week:
- When Can I Retire – It All Depends On How Badly You Want To!
- One Man’s Success With Borrowing Against 401k Funds for a Comeback
Image courtesy of eCard