August is here and that means the Summer is quickly coming to an end! Didn’t it just start? I’m glad my wife encouraged me to put together a fire pit this Summer. Friday nights have been becoming our un-wind time to build a fire and leave the stress of the work week behind.
Mrs. MMD and I wanted to do something special for the kids this weekend so we’re taking them to their favorite store – Build-A-Bear – this weekend. But don’t tell them – it’s a surprise!
Has anyone watched “The Woman in Black”? It started off slow … then got really, really freaky …. Then ended very predictably ….
Aren’t we due for another Google PageRank round? When you’re like me and you’re only at a “2”, you really don’t have anywhere else to go but up!
I’m quickly coming up on my silent one-year blogging anniversary. Next week we’ll begin by taking one of my first posts, a review of the great Rich Dad Poor Dad book (to which my review was not very well written) and finally give it a review worth some justice!
At Jeremy’s suggestion from Modest Money (whom was just recently a TV star – nice job!), I started using an RSS reader to keep up with all my blogging homies. And surprisingly, I’m learning that A LOT of you post WAY MORE often than I thought! Am I the only lame duck who posts 3 times a week? (Really 2 if you don’t count my weekly wrap up …)
Blogs You Should Check Out:
In case you missed them, here are a few great stories you should check out this weekend:
• If you post a story about your guitar, I’m going to notice! So there’s no coincidence how much I liked “A Dusty Guitar” by See Debt Run. Aside from the guitar, I liked the underlying story of growing up and facing reality. I feel I’ve had to do the same …
• Along the same lines, you can lament your lost life or see it as an opportunity to seize something better. That’s why I liked “” by Budget Blonde. She’s not going down without a fight!
• We all know that Shilpan at Street Smart Finance can write, but did you know that he’s been blogging for longer than we think? Who knew? Check out “Why I Blog and Why You Should, Too“
• Girl’s got your back! Nell at Housewife Empire comes to the defense of Crystal’s new book at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff with her post “Shakin’ Off Haters – One Jerk at a Time”. Crystal has made me some very real money, so anyone not willing to listen to her advice is missing out!
MyMoneyDesign was featured in the following personal finance carnivals this week:
- – Kylie Ofiu
- Canadian Personal Finance Happy Hour – 7th Edition – Canadian Personal Finance
- Totally Money Carnival – The Music Fest Edition – James Petzke
- Nerdy Finance #4 – Nerd Wallet
Thanks again to all my new and returning visitors. I really appreciate your support and hope you continue to enjoy my site!
Posts This Week:
Photo Credit: Mrs MMD